As the South Australian distributor and preferred installer for Tate Inc access floor systems, we are delighted to share Tate’s new Signatures range of architectural finishes for raised access floors.
What is a raised access floor?
Raised access flooring provides an elevated structural floor above a solid substrate (usually a concrete slab) creating a hidden void for mechanical and electrical services.
While typically used in data centres and computer rooms, the benefits of raised access floor systems are now being used throughout many office and commercial buildings.
The access area allows passage of mechanical services, data and electrical cables and wiring, air and HVAC systems.
It also provides easy and cost effective access for repairs and maintenance, and further development as the requirements of the building grows.
This “future proofing” is a worthwhile investment, especially in these times of rapid business and technological development.
Introducing architectural finishes for raised access floors
Traditionally access floors focused on function rather than form, but not any more…
The ideal indoor environment for any commercial building should address a variety of needs:
- Providing required services
- Maintaining high-quality, clean air
- Improving personal comfort control
- Encouraging energy efficiency
- Attenuating noise
- Responding quickly and easily to organisational and technological changes
- AND supporting the overall aesthetic of the building
all while being cost-effective in construction, operation and maintenance.
The new Tate range offers an exciting selecting of high-end architectural finishes, ranging from:
- Exposed concrete
- Soft tile
- High pressure laminate (HPL)
This new era of raised access flooring finishes also means an exciting new time for building design, where architects and interior designers have the opportunity to specify aesthetically-suitable AND functional flooring systems.
Advantages of Tate access floor systems
As with all of Tate’s access floor systems, the new architectural range offers:
- Enhanced indoor environmental quality through superior IAQ, improved acoustics, and increased daylighting opportunities
- Maximum occupant comfort control at design inception and throughout the life of the building using underfloor air with modular ‘plug & play’ VAV or passive diffusers
- Energy efficiency through economizer operation, and less fan energy
- Easily adapts to technological and organizational changes over the building’s lifecycle at low cost
- Point-of-use services wherever you need them with complete flexibility, accessibility, and unlimited capacity
- Accelerated tax depreciation opportunities
- Reduced first cost and construction time due to significant reduction in HVAC ductwork and use of underfloor pre-fabricated ‘plug & play’ wire/cable services
- Reduced operating costs and lower facility and maintenance costs through accessible, flexible, and adaptable services
We are proud of our relationship with Tate, and are excited to offer this new range to South Australia.
If you are interested in learning more about these architectural finish access floors, or an obligation free educational presentation, please contact us.
Some information on this page has been provided (with permission) by Tate Inc.